Recently I did a training with materials offline using Adobe Flash.
Sources are usually in a compressed file or a CD/DVD drive, and when I ran the starting web page using Microsoft Internet Explorer I’ve received the following error message:
Adobe Flash Player Security
Adobe Flash Player has stopped a potentially unsafe operation.
The following local application on your computer or network:
is trying to communicate with this Internet-enabled location:
To let this application communicate with the Internet, click Settings.
You must restart the application after changing your settings.
- This error message appeared only using Microsoft Internet Explorer and NOT with Google Chrome.
- Unfortunately clicking the button Settings the error message disappears without show any configuration screen and to receive again the error I have to close the browser and re-open it.
As the error message itself is saying, Adobe Flash player stopped the operation because a local file wants to communicate with an “Internet-enabled location” that in our case is local but it could be on internet and for this reason dangerous (“unsafe operation”).
Adobe Flash Player has stopped potentially unsafe operation
- Access to the local Flash Player Settings Manager (click Start > Settings > Control Panel > Flash Player)
- click the Advanced tab then on Trusted Location Settings
- click Add…
- click Add File… to select the .sfw file or Add Folder… to select the folder or CD/DVD drive then Confirm
- Close the browser
Did my solution solve your problem? Leave a comment.
You want download a file or software from Microsoft Download Center.
In the Install Instructions section is written:
Download the appropriate file for your computer's processor by clicking one of the links below. You can run the package directly from the link or you can also save it on your local disk to install later.
But you cannot see any link or Download button.
Microsoft Download Center Download button is missing
Change the URL of the page using https:// rather than http://
Solution 2 (from sam2030):
Download Button Unavailable on Windows Update Web Site
Solution 3 (from Ryan):
Try using Google Chrome
Did my solution solve your problem? Leave a comment.
To save Gmail message in PDF or Microsoft Word you don’t need to install additional software or tools, follow these easy steps:
Update of 15/08/14:
Sign in to your Gmail
Go to Tools and choose Settings
Select Labs tab
Scroll the page until you found Create a Document lab then click on Enable
and Save Changes in the bottom of the page.
Gmail message in PDF
or Microsoft Word
Now, when you open an email you can go in More and choose Create a document
So you have created a document with your email that you can Publish, Print Share from your Google Drive or using the File menu to choose Download as to save it in
Microsoft Word (.docx)
OpenDocument Format (.odt)
Rich Text Format (.rtf)
PDF Document (.pdf)
Plain Text (.txt)
Web Page (.html, zipped)
Gmail retires Create a Docs Lab
Google suggests to use the functionality to save the document in Google Drive to have a copy in PDF:
- open an email in Gmail
- click on the print icon. A new window with the print dialog will open
- under Destination, click “Change”. A small window with options will open
- near the bottom under Google Cloud Print, click “Save to Google Drive”. The window will close
- click “Save”
- go to your Google Drive and the document should be there
To have a copy in Microsoft Word the only solution is open the pdf, select all the contents, then copy and paste in a new document in your pc.
Did my HOW TO help you? Leave a reply.
To create automatically an updated site map (or sitemap) of your website I suggest you to use the
Create your Google Sitemap Online – XML Sitemaps Generator
- Free Online Generator (Maximum 500 pages)
- Unlimited Generator (No limits)
- Online PRO Service
To use the online Free Service, you need to enter some simple details:
- the full http address for your site
- change frequency
- last modification (if you don’t know use “Use server’s response”)
- priority (if you don’t know use “Automatically Calculated Priority”)
Then Start. Maximum 500 pages will be indexed in sitemap.
With the Free service, after process, you can download the following formats:
- un-compressed XML (.xml)
- compressed XML (.xml.gz)
- HTML (.html)
- in Text Format (urllist.txt)
- ROR (ror.xml)
With the Payment Services you can generate any kind of Sitemap you require:
- Text formatted
Do you think that my Tip & Trick is useful? Leave a reply.
After Google Drive installation when you try to Sign in to Google Drive the popup shows the following error message:
Sign in to Google Drive
There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.
Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to server.
We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.
• Click here to close this webpage.
• Contiue to this website (not recommended).
• More information
Right-click inside the popup, Properties, from Address (URL) line select the link until the end starting from
copy, open an IE window and paste the address.
If the page doesn’t open then add the website in the Trusted Sites Zone:
Open Windows Internet Explorer, go to
Tools (Alt+X) -> Internet Options -> Security -> Trusted sites -> Sites
in Add this website to the zone, Add, check Require server verification (https:) for all sites in this zone then Close.
Did my solution solve your problem? Leave a reply.