Windows often shows updates that are in Preview that can be installed and sometimes could have unknown issues/bugs.
If you installed a Windows update and then your system is not working properly the easiest solution is to unistall it.
This happened yesterday with the Preview update KB5028245 in Windows 11 that made my screen blinking.
How to proceed in these cases?
How to uninstall Windows Updates via Command Prompt
- Use Ctrl+Alt+Delete if you are working in your pc
or Ctrl+Alt+End if you are connected in RDP
- Click on Task Manager
- Navigate to the menu File -> Run new task
- Write cmd and tick the checkbox Create this task with administrative provileges.
- Run the command wmic qfe list to retrieve the list of latest updates installed and indetify the one to be uninstalled
- Run the command wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:<KB ID> like for example:
wusa.exe /uninstall /kb:5028245
Did my solution solve your problem? Leave a reply.