Remote Desktop Connection
An authentication error has occurred.
The function requested is not supported
Remote computer: <hostname or ip address>
This could be due to CredSSP encryption oracle remediation.
For more information, see https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=866660
Open Local Group Policy Editor (executing gpedit.msc)
Navigate to Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Credential Delegation
Double-click on Encryption Oracle Remediation the select Enabled and change Protection Level to Vulnerable click Apply then OK.
Often when you are connected to a computer in a Remote Desktop Connection (RDP) you need to have access to your local drives or local files.
HOW TO gain access to local drives in RDP?
- Click Start, point to All Programs (or Programs), point to Accessories, point to Communications, and then click Remote Desktop Connection.
- Click Show Options and then click the Local Resources tab.
- Click More under Local devices and resources.
- Select the check box next to Drives (you could select some drives clicking the plus sign to show detail data) then click OK.
- Click the General tab, Type the name of the Computer and the Username (with format Domain\Username) and then click Connect.
- Type your Password and then click OK.
Did my HOW TO help you? Leave a reply.